Two security guards from The Warming Hub were sent to hospital on Thursday, November 9, 2023 after experiencing symptoms of drug poisoning.
Cobourg Police along with Northumberland County Paramedics were advised that two individuals, “were experiencing symptoms of drug poisoning after entering an area (washrooms) where drugs were believed to have been smoked,” said Cobourg Police.
Cobourg Police wouldn’t confirm the two individuals were security guards, but Northumberland County did.
Two police cruisers, two ambulances and one supervisors unit were parked on College Street outside The Warming Hub at around 10 p.m.
Rev. Neil Ellis who is the Transition House Shelter and The Warming Hub Board Chair and Acting Executive Director said, “staff conducted an assessment to confirm continued safe operations of the Warming Hub.”
Staff conducted an assessment to confirm continued safe operations of The Warming Hub which was closed for a brief period of time for the restrooms.
The two security guards were transported to hospital, treated and released.
“We continue to support staff and their actions to enforce the rules and respond to calls for service,” stated Cobourg Police.