The commencing of the fines has begun in Cobourg.
As of the Victoria Day long weekend, law-enforcement (by-law) officers are starting to ticket vehicles around the harbour area
A number of vehicles by the harbour received the $160 fine for illegally parking on Monday, May 22, 2023.
Two people from Port Hope were shocked to find a ticket on the windshield of their vehicle as they exited a local restaurant.
“Very ticked,” said the passenger.
“That’s a huge scam. How are you going to charged $160.00 when they are $25.00 in Toronto.”
The Town of Cobourg would like to remind residents and visitors that paid parking in the Waterfront area begins this weekend.
From Victoria Day weekend to Thanksgiving Day, waterfront parking is enforced from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Sunday, holidays included except in the East Beach Parking Area where it is
enforced from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Waterfront parking is $5 per hour. Daily or season parking passes are also available.
Passes may be purchased online at parking.cobourg.ca or from Town Hall (55 King Street West). Options include:
• Daily Waterfront Passes ($40/day – valid 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
• Resident Waterfront Season Pass – Valid from Victoria Day Weekend to Thanksgiving
$40/season – Cobourg residents
$20/season – East Beach area residents
• Visitor Waterfront Season Pass: $150/season – Valid from Victoria Day Weekend to Thanksgiving
Additional Ways to Pay:
• Parking Meters – Accept coin and credit card.
• Pay and Display – Accept coin, credit card, Interac Flash, Google & Apple Pay.
• HONK Mobile App – Find it at honkmobile.com, Google Play or the App Store.