Cobourg Police Service made an impaired arrest during a Festive RIDE program.
On December 30, 2022, at 10:40 p.m., while conducting a RIDE program in the area of Division Street at Station Street, police arrested a driver for Impaired Operation after exhibiting signs of impairment by alcohol.
The driver was transported to the police station, where he provided two breath samples into an approved instrument.
As a result of the police investigation, the 61-year-old Baltimore man was charged with the following:
1. Operation while Impaired – Contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
2. Drive Motor Vehicle – No licence Contrary to Section 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
3. Fail to Surrender Insurance Card Contrary to Section 3(1) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused was released on an undertaking with a future court date.
Police also charged two drivers with driving while under suspension.
As a result of a RIDE check, police charged a 34-year-old Baltimore woman with driving under suspension and operating a motor vehicle on a highway with no insurance. The car was towed from the scene.
On December 31, at 1:50 a.m., police conducted a traffic stop. As a result of the police investigation, a 49- year-old Gores Landing man was charged with
1. Driving while under suspension Contrary to Section 53(i) of the Highway Traffic Act
2. Drive motor vehicle plate improperly displayed contrary to section 7(1)(b)(i) of the Highway Traffic Act
3. Drive motor vehicle no permit contrary to section 7(1)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act
4. Operate Unsafe vehicle contrary to Section 84(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
The vehicle was towed from the scene.