A 29-year-old Port Hope woman is facing charges after police responded to a report of possible impaired driving.
On Monday, April 10, 2023, at 12:30 am, police received a report of a possible impaired driver in the area of William Street at King Street in the Town of Cobourg.
Police located a vehicle matching the description provided travelling northbound on Westwood Drive and conducted a traffic stop after observing driving behaviours indicative of impairment.
Police arrested the driver for Impaired Operation after exhibiting signs of impairment by alcohol. The driver was transported to the police station, where she provided two breath samples into an approved instrument.
As a result of the police investigation, the 29-year-old Port Hope woman was charged with the following:
1. Operation while Impaired – Contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
2. Operation while Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 Plus) – Contrary to Section 320.14(1)(b) CCC
3. Possess illicit Cannabis Contrary to Section 8(1)(b) of the Cannabis Act
4. Driving while under suspension Contrary to Section 53(1) HTA
5. Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available Contrary to Section 12(1) Cannabis Control Act 2017
The accused was released on an undertaking with conditions and a future court date of May 3, 2023