The Township of Hamilton encourages resident involvement through a variety of boards and advisory committees. Boards and advisory committees provide valuable advice and recommendations to Council on specific subjects as defined by board / committee Terms of References.
Board and advisory committee members are appointed by Council at the start of a new term of Council following an election every four years. Member terms of office are four
years in length and expire at the end of Council’s term.
The Township is currently recruiting volunteers who are interested in becoming citizen members of local boards and advisory committees. To be eligible, volunteers must live
in or be a property owner with the Township of Hamilton.
The Township is currently recruiting for the following Advisory Committees:
· Accessibility Advisory Committee (5-7 members)
· Environment and Climate Advisory Committee (5-7 members)
· Heritage Advisory Committee
· Nominations Advisory Committee (2-3 members)
· Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (5-7 members)
The deadline to apply has been extended to January 29, 2023. Applications and more details, such as updated Terms of References for all Committees, can be found at
For more information, please contact:
Daphne Livingstone, Director of Corporate Services / Municipal Clerk
· Telephone: 905-342-2810 ext 110
· E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org