Temporary Road Closures Downtown Cobourg for CBC’s Murdoch Mysteries Filming Production company in Cobourg from January 30 to February 1
The Town of Cobourg Community Services Division would like to advise residents of temporary road closures on King Street scheduled for Wednesday, January 31, 2024, for Murdoch Mysteries filming.
The production company Shaftesbury Murdoch XVII Inc. will be arriving on Tuesday, January 30 (set up) and staying until Thursday, February 1 (wrap up). Filming locations will include the
exterior of Victoria Hall (55 King Street West, front and back), Second Street and Third Street.
• King Street from Second Street to Third Street will be closed on January 31 from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Westbound traffic can detour south on Second Street to Albert Street, then north on Third Street
• Eastbound traffic can detour south on Third Street to Albert Street, and north on Division Street
Cobourg Police Service will be onsite for intermittent traffic stops on Second Street and Third Street. Please note, depending on the weather, filming could take place a day earlier or later
(January 30 or February 1).
Victoria Hall Access
The public will be able to access the front of Victoria Hall during breaks in filming, approximately every five to 10 minutes. The flag on the front of Victoria Hall will be changed to
a Union Jack flag.
Film production vehicles will utilize parking in the following areas:
• Second Street Lot – partially occupied, limited spots will be available to the public
• Albert Street Lot
• Parking spaces on east and west side of Third Street from King to Albert
• Parking spaces on west side of Second Street
• First three parking spots on the south side of King Street West, just west of Third Street. An accessible parking space will be moved down, clearly marked and cleared of all snow.
The CBC television series, Murdoch Mysteries is a drama series set in Toronto in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It explores the intriguing world of William Murdoch (Yannick Bisson),
a methodical and dashing detective who pioneers innovative forensic techniques to solve some of the city’s most gruesome murders.
The Town of Cobourg thanks residents and visitors in advance for their cooperation during the filming period