Members of the Northumberland Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have laid a number of charges as a result of a traffic stop in the Municipality of Port Hope.
On December 9, 2023, at approximately 3:56 a.m., officers were conducting speed enforcement and observed a vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed on Highway 401.
Mehmet DURSUN, 39-years-old, from Newmarket, has been charged with:
- Drive motor vehicle – Perform stunt
- Driving while under suspension
- Possess licence while prohibited
- Use plate not authorised for vehicle
- Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle
- Fail to have insurance card.
The driver received an additional 30-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (ADLS) and a 14-day vehicle impoundment.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg at a future date.