On Tuesday, March 7, 2023, police received a report of an alleged robbery in the Town of Cobourg on March 1, 2023.
Police identified a person of interest, and subsequent investigation revealed that a pellet gun was used in the reported robbery.
The same person of interest was linked to two thefts from a business on D’Arcy Street in July 2022, unrelated to the robbery allegation.
As a result of the investigation, a Cobourg youth was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Carrying concealed weapon contrary to s. 90(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
2. Two counts of Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose contrary to s. 88(1) CCC
3. Two counts of Pointing a firearm contrary to s. 87(1) CCC
4. Robbery (using a firearm in commission of offence) contrary to s. 344 (a.1) CCC
5. Two counts of Assault with a weapon contrary to s. 267(a) CC
6. Disguise with intent contrary to s. 351(2) CCC
7. Two counts of Mischief – destroys or damages property contrary to s. 430(1)(a) CCC
8. Two counts of Theft under $5,000 contrary to s. 334(b) CCC
The youth was released on an undertaking with a future court date.
The identity of the accused is protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.