Peterborough County OPP – Milton Man Killed in Collision

In Police Blotter

Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and emergency crews were on scene of a single-vehicle motor vehicle collision that occurred on Pinehill Road in Selwyn Township just prior to 12:30pm on December 19, 2023, which resulted in one fatality.

A lone vehicle had been driving westbound on Pinehill Road when the driver failed to negotiate a sharp turn. The vehicle left the roadway landing on its side striking a tree. The driver had to be extricated from the vehicle by Fire department. EMS was on scene but the injuries sustained by the driver resulted in their death.

The driver, a 24-year-old male from Milton ON., was pronounced as deceased at the scene.

Pinehill Road was closed between 5th Line of Selwyn and Steinkrauss Drive for several hours while police investigated, and members trained in collision reconstruction measured and document the scene. The road reopened prior to 8:00pm on December 19, 2023.

Anyone who may have witnessed or has video/dash camera footage of the collision and has not spoken with police is asked to contact the Peterborough County OPP Detachment at 1-888-310-1122.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Cobourg Police – Incidents Include, Theft, Fail to Comply,

Theft, Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, Fail to Comply A 31-year-old Cobourg man is facing charges after police responded

Read More...

Video – Cobourg Woman Says She Feels Like a Prisoner After Accessible Entrance Damaged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPqw-e_cf0 A Cobourg woman confined to a wheelchair says she has been effectively trapped inside her apartment for nearly three

Read More...

Belleville Police – Belleville Man Charged Misuse of 911 System (No Name Released)

On August 18, 2026, Belleville Police received more than 10 non-emergency 911 calls from the same male. The individual

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu