New Sign – Same Outcome on East Pier in Cobourg

In Editor Choice, Local, Police Blotter

Even with a new sign stating there is no access, people still continue to walk out to the lighthouse on Cobourg’s east pier.

On Sunday, May 30, 2021, numerous people walked around, through or over the gates that are there to deter people from accessing that portion of the pier that extends to the lighthouse.

A sign stating “No Access Beyond This Point” has been there for several years, and a new one installed last week states, “No Pedestrians Beyond This Point” still doesn’t seem to dissuade the people venturing out beyond where they should.

If charged the fine is $65 for trespassing.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Video – Cobourg Woman Says She Feels Like a Prisoner After Accessible Entrance Damaged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPqw-e_cf0 A Cobourg woman confined to a wheelchair says she has been effectively trapped inside her apartment for nearly three

Read More...

Belleville Police – Belleville Man Charged Misuse of 911 System (No Name Released)

On August 18, 2026, Belleville Police received more than 10 non-emergency 911 calls from the same male. The individual

Read More...

Breaking News – OPP Locate Missing Aircraft in Kawartha Lakes; Pilot Found Deceased

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) can confirm that the pilot who was reported missing after failing to return to

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu