Barbeque Fire in Cobourg

In Editor Choice, Local

Cobourg Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire at noon on May 25, 2018 on Spencer Street West in Cobourg.
When they arrived they found a bbq fire.
The owner told Today’s Northumberland he had changed propane tanks and was starting the bbq for the first time this year when flames shot out from underneath the bbq. He tried to use a fire extinguisher to douse the flames to no avail and called the fire department.
Fire crews said the only damage was to the bbq.
Firefighters always advise to keep bbq’s a safe distance away from any combustible including the residence in case an accident happens.
If the public has any questions dealing with bbq safety call your local fire department.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Video – Coast Guard to the Rescue for Small Watercraft on Lake Ontario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAsgzx-nHE Members of the Canadian Coast Guard rescued a small watercraft on Lake Ontario on Saturday, April 20, 2024. Shortly before

Read More...

Video – Porta-Potties – More Than Just a Bathroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81FMoggjgE Turns out it was all a misunderstanding. When people see individuals go into porta-potties on Albert Street in Cobourg, they

Read More...

Video – Update – OPP Forensic Identification Officer at Scene of “Incident” in Cobourg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9--EaaYZwE A OPP Forensic Identification Officer was at the scene of what Cobourg Police are only describing as a "incident"

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |