Barbeque Fire in Cobourg

In Editor Choice, Local

Cobourg Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire at noon on May 25, 2018 on Spencer Street West in Cobourg.
When they arrived they found a bbq fire.
The owner told Today’s Northumberland he had changed propane tanks and was starting the bbq for the first time this year when flames shot out from underneath the bbq. He tried to use a fire extinguisher to douse the flames to no avail and called the fire department.
Fire crews said the only damage was to the bbq.
Firefighters always advise to keep bbq’s a safe distance away from any combustible including the residence in case an accident happens.
If the public has any questions dealing with bbq safety call your local fire department.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

The Northumberland Giving Tree Looking For Help to Make A Child’s Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpaQGgSVgvA Who are We and What Do We Do? A Northumberland community project of volunteers that work with about 15 agencies

Read More...

Canadian Abilities Foundation is Seeking Nominations for Their Annual Canada Cares Awards

As many as 6 million Canadians family members and friends are caregivers. Whether it is parents looking after children

Read More...

Respiratory Symptoms? NHH’s Cough, Cold and COVID Assessment Centre is Here for You!

Services available in the portable trailer immediately outside Northumberland Hills Hospital’s Emergency Department are expanding, as the number of

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |