Yesterday, February 22, 2018 at approximately 8:45 am officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a traffic complaint on Highway 35. The vehicle was travelling northbound towards Lindsay.
With the assistance of witnesses the vehicle in question was located, abandoned, a short time later behind a business just south of Lindsay. The driver and passenger were located in a nearby business.
Following an investigation the following persons have been arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Troy MACISAAC, 36 years of age of Oshawa
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle contrary to section 249(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Flight While Pursued by Peace Officer contrary to section 249.1(1) CCC
- Driving While Ability Impaired by Drug contrary to section 253(1)(a) CCC
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) CCC
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) CCC
- Possess of a Schedule I Substance – Cocaine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Driving While Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Quinta SERVICE, 43 years of age of Oshawa
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 145(3) CCC (two counts)
Both accused persons are scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay for a bail hearing.