Northumberland County – Business Pulse Survey Discontinued

In City Hall, Local

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today’s Northumberland
A second consecutive month of poor response to its 310 Division St. Business Pulse Survey has resulted in Northumberland County council cancelling the initiative.

The monthly survey began soon after the county’s homeless shelter at that Cobourg address opened in an effort to address the concerns surrounding businesses had in being located to close to that location. Two important considerations have since arisen.

One is the shuttering of the shelter’s ground-floor drop-in warming-cooling hub and its transition to a higher-barrier shelter.

The other is a precipitous drop to the number of surveys received. In the last two consecutive months, only one respondent has participated. As each of that respondent’s answers represents 100% of the sample, Associate Director of Housing and Homelessness Rebecca Carman noted earlier this month, the survey’s value is minimal.

Carman told council Wednesday that perhaps 10 hours of staff time are expended monthly to conduct the survey and compile the results – “all the different pieces.”

“I appreciate the work – it was a good effort,” Cobourg councillor Lucas Cleveland said.

“Those 10 hours can go to a better project.”

Cecilia Nasmith
Author: Cecilia Nasmith

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Update – Video – Northumberland OPP Continue to Investigate Suspicious Death in Municipality of Port Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crD5b-Z0EI Northumberland OPP continue to investigate the cause of death of a person who was located at a Municipality of

Read More...

Video – After Three Months Plaque Honouring Royal Visit in Cobourg Finally Removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4eRg1KIt4 Three months after Cobourg Council approved a notice of motion a plaque to remove a plaque commemorating the visit

Read More...

Peterborough Police – Peterborough Man Charged with Assault

A 56- year-old Peterborough man is facing a charge in connection with an incident last Wednesday. At approximately 11:00am on

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu