Peterborough Police – Three Teens Charged After Northumberland OPP Use Spike Belt to Stop Stolen Vehicle

In Police Blotter

Three Oshawa teens are facing charges after a vehicle was stolen Sunday night.

At approximately 11:30pm on Sunday, February 8, 2026, officers were called to the area of Middlefield Road and Milford Drive area. Upon arrival, they learned that owner of the vehicle had just arrived home when another vehicle stopped at the end of her driveway and two teens got out and demanded her keys. The woman attempted to flee into her house; however, the teens followed her and forced the keys from her hand. Both vehicles then fled the area heading toward the 115. Officers received word that OPP had attempted to stop the vehicles near Highway 7A but they fled police.

Northumberland OPP officers placed a spike belt in the area of Welcome.  A short time later, OPP advised two vehicles were disabled at the on-ramp of Highway 401 westbound by Toronto Road.

Three males had been taken into custody.

As a result:

An 18-year-old Oshawa male was charged with:

Robbery with Violence
Dangerous operation
Flight from peace officer
A 19-year-old Oshawa male was charged with:

Robbery with Violence
Dangerous operation
Flight from peace officer
A 19-year-old Oshawa male was charged with:

Robbery with Violence
Dangerous operation
Flight from peace officer
All three were held in custody and appeared in court yesterday, February 9, 2026.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Video – Cobourg Woman Says She Feels Like a Prisoner After Accessible Entrance Damaged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPqw-e_cf0 A Cobourg woman confined to a wheelchair says she has been effectively trapped inside her apartment for nearly three

Read More...

Belleville Police – Belleville Man Charged Misuse of 911 System (No Name Released)

On August 18, 2026, Belleville Police received more than 10 non-emergency 911 calls from the same male. The individual

Read More...

Breaking News – OPP Locate Missing Aircraft in Kawartha Lakes; Pilot Found Deceased

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) can confirm that the pilot who was reported missing after failing to return to

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu