SIU – No Charges to Issue in Connection with Death of Man in Peterborough

In Police Blotter

On January 31, 2024, a 46-year-old man passed away in Peterborough. He had been discovered with catastrophic injuries by police officers and, accordingly, the SIU were notified of the incident. On his assessment of the evidence, SIU Director Joseph Martino determined there were no reasonable grounds to believe that an officer committed a criminal offence in connection with the man’s death.

Read the full text here:
https://www.siu.on.ca/no-charges-to-issue-in-connection-with-death-of-man-in-peterborough-en9492

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Video – Cobourg Woman Says She Feels Like a Prisoner After Accessible Entrance Damaged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPqw-e_cf0 A Cobourg woman confined to a wheelchair says she has been effectively trapped inside her apartment for nearly three

Read More...

Belleville Police – Belleville Man Charged Misuse of 911 System (No Name Released)

On August 18, 2026, Belleville Police received more than 10 non-emergency 911 calls from the same male. The individual

Read More...

Breaking News – OPP Locate Missing Aircraft in Kawartha Lakes; Pilot Found Deceased

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) can confirm that the pilot who was reported missing after failing to return to

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu