McHappy Day 2023 will Support Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation

In Upcoming Events

Building on the success of McDonald’s® Port Hope’s grand reopening weekend in March 2023, which raised funds for Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) Foundation, local McDonald’s restaurants have chosen the Foundation to be the recipient of their annual McHappy Day® fundraiser for the second year in a row. On May 10, 2023, locations in Port Hope and Cobourg will direct a portion of proceeds to help fund the purchase of newborn bassinets for NHH’s Maternal Child Care Unit.

“We feel lucky to have community partners like McDonald’s,” says Rhonda Cunningham, NHH Foundation CEO. “We saw the collective impact our community can make when they come
together to support a cause last McHappy Day and we are looking forward to seeing this once again as we prepare to welcome guests on May 10.”

Though May 10 marks the official McHappy Day celebration this year, all three restaurants of west Northumberland have already started raising funds for the Foundation to maximize their

“We are thrilled to have this opportunity to recognize and raise money for our Northumberland Hills Hospital during our McHappy Day campaign,” says Lisa Wilson, Owner and Operator of
McDonald’s restaurants in Cobourg and Port Hope. “It is our chance to show our support and gratitude to all of the incredible people that work so hard to care for our community. We look
forward to hosting the community and encourage everyone to join us in showing our support!”

As McDonald’s Canada’s longest running and largest community charitable initiative, this annual day of community giving across Canada supports Ronald McDonald Houses and other local
charities selected by individual franchises. The 2023 event will be the 29th McHappy D y and during this, 10% of all product sales from McDonald’s restaurants in Cobourg and Port Hope will
go to McHappy Day fundraising, with 75% of this directed to NHH Foundation as the organization’s local charity of choice. The remaining 25% of funds raised will be directed to
Ronald McDonald House Charities.

Participating local restaurants supporting NHH Foundation are located at:
• 805 William Street in Cobourg

• 73 Strathy Road, Cobourg (inside Walmart)

• 175 Rose Glen Road North in Port Hope.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Memorial Taken from Beyond the Blue Box in Cobourg Staff at Beyond the Blue Box are asking the person that took a memorial for one of their employees


Excessive Costs, Delayed Deliveries Plague Northumberland County Fleet

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today's Northumberland Ballooning costs and delivery dates years into the future may force Northumberland County to look at


Northumberland County Public Works Committee Hears About Blue Box Transition

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today's Northumberland When the Province of Ontario announced manufacturers would assume responsibility for recycling blue-box materials, the goal


Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |