Cobourg Fire Department Finds Cause of Smoke

In Local

Cobourg Fire Department were called to downtown after reports of smoke in the hallway that is occupied by numerous apartments on Sunday, March 26, 2023.

At approximately 6 p.m. firefighters were called to 1 King Street East for reports of smoke in the hallway.

When fire crews arrived people were still exiting the building.

Firefighters search the building and found the cause was a toaster (with food in it) in one of the units. Firefighters said the unit where the toaster was had filled up with smoke that extended into the hallway.

There was minor to no damage.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Excessive Costs, Delayed Deliveries Plague Northumberland County Fleet

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today's Northumberland Ballooning costs and delivery dates years into the future may force Northumberland County to look at


Northumberland County Public Works Committee Hears About Blue Box Transition

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today's Northumberland When the Province of Ontario announced manufacturers would assume responsibility for recycling blue-box materials, the goal


Northumberland County Firefighters Express Approval of New Communications System

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today's Northumberland Northumberland County firefighters have high hopes for a new county-wide initiative that will upgrade its communications


Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |