Cobourg Fire Department responded to Northumberland Hills Hopsital on Thursday, January 19, 2023 for the smell of natural gas.
At approximately 10:51 p.m. fire services were dispatched after the smell of natural gas was reported at the hospital, specifically the emergency department.
Firefighters could also smell the natural gas and searched the entire building both inside and out to try and locate the source.
A worker from the local gas company was called in to try and locate the source, but also could not locate the source of the smell.
Over a period of time the smell dissipated.
Although firefighters could slightly smell the gas, it didn’t register on their equipment used to monitor levels.