Traffic stop leads to charges for possession of a prohibited device for a Cramahe resident.
On Monday, October 31, 2022, at 1:20 a.m., police conducted a traffic stop on Westwood Drive for a Highway Traffic Act violation.
Police investigation revealed that the driver was in possession of three prohibited knives. As a result, the 32-year-old Cramahe man was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Improper Number Plate Light – Contrary to Section 62(19) of the Highway Traffic Act
2. Fail to Surrender Permit for Motor Vehicle – Contrary to Section 7(5)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act
3. Fail to Surrender Insurance Card – Contrary to Section 3(1) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
4. Three counts of Possession of a Prohibited Device – Contrary to Section 92(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada
5. Four counts of Possession of Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order – Contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused was released on an appearance notice with a future court date scheduled for December 14, 2022.