Now looking for volunteers to help with this 3 day event
Campbellford District High School is celebrating its centennial anniversary in 2023.
It’s going to be a great time to reminisce, reconnect with old friends, and maybe even meet some new ones. The date of the reunion weekend is July 14 – 16 (in Campbellford, Ontario).
CDHS is located in Campbellford, a part of Municipality of Trent Hills in Northumberland County, Ontario.
Currently, the Steering Committee team is looking for volunteers for the weekend to help with all the activities. People who want to volunteer/help should contact Dave Sharp at CDHS2023Reunion@gmail.com
The activities that volunteers are needed for are listed in more detail on the website at https://www.cdhs2023reunion.ca/events
a. Friday, July 14 – Open House and CDHS Social
b. Saturday, July 15 – Pancake Breakfast (Rotary Park), Ferris Park Tours, Open House, Musical Entertainment, Dinner at the Curling Club and two dances – Country and Rock & Roll!
c. Sunday, July 26 – – Pancake Breakfast (Rotary Park) & CDHS Open House
Dave Sharp, a CDHS graduate of 1972, and the leader of the steering committee commented: “We have had such a great response to the CDHS reunion. A multitude of sponsors have signed up & the number of sponsors keeps increasing. We are so grateful for their support. And now we are looking for volunteers to help with all the weekend activities. It will be a fun time for them!”.
The volunteers will also be able to help with promoting the involvement of the Sponsors for the CDHS 100 year reunion:
• Platinum sponsors (the highest level): Windswept Group, Rotary Club of Campbellford; Sharpe’s Food Market, Island Park Retirement Residence, Countdown Creative (company of the website designer, Lucas Graham) and “Tribute to All Teachers” from the family of former CDHS teacher, Mrs. Edith Symonds
• Gold sponsors: Campbellford Chrysler, Impact Mechanical Services, Empire Cheese, Campbellford Memorial Hospital and Weaver Family Funeral Homes
• Silver sponsors: Carol Thompson (Royal LePage), Lighthouse Wealth Management (Dave Sharp & family), Rawle Johnson Creative (who designed the reunion logo), Brighton Tire, Dooher’s Bakery, Newman Insurance, Melissa Smeets (ReMax), Kinch Eddie Litigation, Bennett’s Furniture & Mattresses, Ashley Tinney Fisher Professional Corporation, Newman Insurance and Salt Creek Golf Links
• Bronze sponsor: Campbellford Lion’s Club and James Darrington
• And numerous “Friends of CDHS2023 Reunion”
The website – www.cdhsreunion.ca is very comprehensive – it contains information on CDHS History, Photo Gallery, Yearbook segment, CDHS Merchandise, the Schedule of Events, an FAQ section and others.
There is a “Where Are They Now” section so that any registrant can find out where their friends are now. Alumni can also now add contact information on their own profiles.
The site also includes a listing of Restaurants and Accommodations in Campbellford and surrounding towns for those attending the reunion.
The website was constructed and is now maintained by Lucas Graham, a CDHS graduate of 2019. Thanks also to Rawle Johnston Creative for our wonderful logo.
Currently in production is a book which covers the history of CDHS. The History Committee has been busy for more than a year on assembling all important history, stories and photos. It will be ready to order in the spring, 2023.
“It’s been a great couple of years having our committee members contribute to the development of the reunion – and now they’ll be helped by the volunteers.” stated Dave Sharp. Committee members are – Stephen Nelson, Marsha Connor, Paul Connor, Steve Glover, Eunice (Chrysler) Stapley, Rob Pope, Jill (MacMillan) Koplowitz, Elaine Barry, Evelyn (Waddell) McLeod, Bev (Sharp) Spencer and Wendy Toms.
As Dave Sharp says “We’re seeing people register so that they can remain informed about the activities – and also so that they can get a discount on the fees for the activities. We’re also seeing more sponsors come on board. The weekend in 2023 is going to be enjoyable. See you all in Campbellford in July 2023”.
To have any questions answered, Dave Sharp can be emailed at CDHS2023Reunion@gmail.com or messaged on the CDHS Facebook page.
Check out the CDHS Reunion website if you want to see the full weekend’s offering – https://www.cdhs2023reunion.ca
-Marsha Connor ( email@example.com )