Local educator and community leader Jeff Kawzenuk seeks nomination to become the Northumberland-Peterborough
South Ontario Liberal Party candidate.
For more than 35 years, Jeff was a proud educator in Northumberland County as a teacher and principal. He worked at high schools across the riding, including Cobourg Collegiate Institute, Brookside Youth Centre, East Northumberland
Secondary School, CDCI West, Port Hope High School and CDCI East.
Jeff is a community builder who has demonstrated his commitment to families throughout Northumberland Peterborough-South by coaching thousands of young athletes, fundraising for numerous causes and championing the creation of an inclusive society. He has been a tireless supporter of those in need locally and around the globe.
Jeff has proven a record of community involvement as a teacher, coach, principal, humanitarian, parent and fundraiser. Jeff is ready to meet the challenges of the Member of Provincial Parliament.
“I bring a wealth of diverse experience to the position. Most importantly, I’m prepared to listen, step up and take action,” said Kawzenuk.
As a recipient of the Wilf Wilkinson and Paul Harris Rotary International Awards for humanitarian work and the Northumberland YMCA Peace Medallion, Kawzenuk remains remarkably humble about his long history of dedication to youth and families through the riding.
“Northumberland-Peterborough South is a beautiful geographical area with a variety of needs in each community. During the recovery of COVID-19, there will be many decisions and changes to be made in as we move forward,” added Kawzenuk.
Kawzenuk identifies his key priorities for the riding:
• Better appreciating essential and frontline workers with protection and
• Strengthening help for our dedicated healthcare professionals
• Recognizing our teachers, students and support staff who have learned to adapt to virtual classrooms
• Commitment to mental health services and life-long learning
• Provide the needed financial support and assistance to small businesses
• Fix and update local long-term care facilities and activate a plan to care for our seniors
• Increase support for our local farmers and agriculture sector
• Protect significant local landforms and fight climate change
• Attract new businesses and jobs to our economic community
• Create a fair, inclusive and just Ontario
“It’s time to move forward with an MPP who puts the unique interests of Northumberland-Peterborough South first,” said Kawzenuk.
Sign up as a member to the Ontario Liberal Party today and nominate Jeff during the voting process in June.
To learn more about Jeff and to get involved visit: www.jeffkawzenuk.ca