Members of the Peterborough/Northumberland and City of Kawartha Lakes Community Street Crime Units (CSCU) executed a search warrant at a motel on Densmore Road in the Town of Cobourg assisted by the Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), the Emergency Response Team (ERT), the Port Hope Police Service and the Cobourg Police Service.
As a result of the search warrant, two people were arrested and a quantity of illicit drugs (estimated street value: $23,000) was seized along with a starter’s pistol, ammunition and cash. Two young children were located within the motel room and were taken into care by the Highland Shores Children’s Aid Society.
Michael Austin RUTLEDGE age 36 and Ashley Nicole GONCALVES age 33, both of no fixed address, are charged with:
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Under $5,000
– Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Methamphetamine
– Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine (two counts)
– Possession of a Schedule IV Substance (diazepam)
– Possession of a Schedule II Substance – Cannabis resin – under 1 gram
– Driving while under suspension.
Both accused were held for a bail hearing scheduled today that has resulted in their continued custody with a next court appearance on May 7, 2018 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg.
The seizure of the pistol and ammunition remain under investigation pending possible charges.