(QUINTE WEST, ON) – On Sunday March 4th, 2018, at approximately 3:30am officers from the Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) as well as Hastings-Quinte EMS attended to a single motor vehicle collision on Foxboro-Stirling Road.
During the course of the investigation it was determ ined that the driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle was impaired by alcohol. Further investigation also showed that the vehicle involved in the collision had been reported stolen.
Wesley MUNDLE, 23, of Stirling has been charged with:
- Driving while ability Impaired by Alcohol, Section 253(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Driving with More than 80 mgs. of Alcohol in Blood, Section 253(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
- Breach of Court Order
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000, Section 334(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – Section 334(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Driving while under suspension, Sectio n 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to report accident, Section 199(1) Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to remain, Section 200(1)(a) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to report damage to property on highway, Section 201 of the Highway Traffic Act
The male was held in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice Belleville, 15 Bridge Street West, Belleville on March 5th, 2018 for a bail hearing.
The driver was taken to hospital by ambulance for minor injuries and was released back to police.