Discarded Cigarettes Cause of Minor Fire in Cobourg

In Local

Discarded cigarettes were responsible for a minor fire at a home in Cobourg on Friday, February 26, 2021.


At approximately 1:40 p.m. Cobourg Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire on Burnham Street, south of King Street.


When fire crews arrived Cobourg Police were on scene and helping an elderly occupant from the home.

Light smoke was coming from the residence and it was determined the cause of the fire was cigarettes being disposed of in a garbage container.


The minor fire was extinguished before fire crews arrived. A fan was used to clear smoke from the residence. There were no injuries and minor damage.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy Targets High-Risk Neighbourhoods

Approach Will Protect Communities with the Highest Rates of Transmission To slow the spread of the virus and protect communities

Read More...

Bulldozer Needs A Bit of Help at Port Hope Area Initiative Site

On Friday April 9, 2021, a bulldozer became temporarily stuck in a muddy area during cleanup work the Port

Read More...

MPP’s Office Responds to Today’s Northumberland Story Concerning Vaccines

Northumberland-Peterborough South MPP David Piccini’s office has responded to a story concerning the vaccine numbers given out by the

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |