The Municipality of Port Hope has unveiled a new municipal website, which includes a refreshed web design, service-based web navigation, enhanced technology, and a user-friendly platform.
“We are proud to present this modern website to our community, particularly during the global pandemic,” notes Bob Sanderson, Mayor of the Municipality of Port Hope.
“Online communication is so crucial to the way that we deliver services to our residents, and this site will enhance our interactions with residents, improve communications, and allow us to continue to focus on transparency and accountability. The launch of our new site also delivers on the Corporate Efficiencies priority of our Strategic Plan: harnessing technology to deliver services more efficiently and effectively.”
The new website was delivered on budget and was delayed by only two months, despite the challenging impact on staff resources due to the global pandemic.
Website users will find useful information about the Municipality of Port Hope, the services that we provide, and the news and updates that impact our community. Additional highlights of the new site include:
• Service-based navigation with an emphasis on service delivery and ease of use.
• New clean design that is both visually appealing and functional.
• Dedicated landing pages for both Recreation and Fire and Emergency Services
• A parks and facilities module, with integrated mapping and up-to-date amenity descriptions.
• An online “Report an Issue” form that integrates into the municipal work order system so that residents can easily report service requests, such as a pothole, streetlight outage, sewer issue,
• Enhanced search functionality site-wide that allows staff to review what users are searching for and revise the site structure to continually improve the user experience.
• News and page subscription options for residents to stay informed of all municipal updates.
• Community and business profile modules for current and prospective residents and business owners to understand the demographics and business landscape in Port Hope.
Residents are encouraged to explore the new website, which retains the address: www.porthope.ca, and familiarize themselves with the new site navigation, tools, modules, and online forms.
Questions and comments about the new site can be directed to the Communications Division or through the website feedback form located at bottom of the website.