The Town of Cobourg’s Community Services Division, in partnership with YMCA Northumberland, would like to inform citizens that the splashpad located in Victoria Park will be reopening on Friday, July 10, 2020 at 9 a.m. following specific rules and guidelines to ensure a safe reopening.
Located in Victoria Park, the splashpad will operate seven days a week, Monday to Sunday (weather permitting), from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., and will be closed for cleaning between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. Staff will ensure the splashpad is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized three times daily and will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
To ensure the health and well-being of staff, visitors and the community strict protocols will be enforced to help reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19. To this extent the splashpad has been fenced off to control and limit the occupancy to a maximum of 10 people. A roped entrance line has been created with two YMCA Northumberland staff on-site daily to assist splashpad users and ensure rules and procedures are being followed.
Victoria Park Splashpad Rules and Procedures
• Do not enter if you suspect you have COVID-19 or if you have any known symptoms.
• All users must apply hand sanitizer prior to entering.
• A physical distance of 2-metres must be maintained from other users and staff.
• Do not spit or blow your nose in the water spray.
• The only equipment allowed in the splashpad are goggles.
• Splashpad users must enter through the east side and exit on the west side.
Those who fail to adhere to the following rules and procedures will be asked to leave the splashpad immediately.
The Town of Cobourg would like to thank the community for their patience and cooperation as we transition to safely reopening the Victoria Park splashpad.