Northumberland Radio Tower Project is Just Weeks from Completion

In City Hall

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today’s Northumberland
Associate Director of Engineering Carol Coleman reported at Northumberland County council’s Public Works Committee meeting Monday that the Northumberland Radio Tower project is just weeks form completion.

Coleman explained that this upgrading of radio equipment to the digital mobile radio system will provide countywide radio coverage for public works and emergency services.

Agreements for seven towers throughout the county are signed, with all equipment installed and ready for commissioning. The agreement for the eighth tower (in Brighton) was signed last week, and the equipment will be installed next week.

At this point, the project is about $9,000 over its budget of $526,000. A report on the full accounting will be made at the project’s conclusion.

Fitness testing and commissioning of the equipment should take place the middle of October, Coleman said. Radios will be reprogrammed by the end of October or shortly thereafter, and the county tower will be removed in November.

“The wheels got put back on this, and it’s a realistic agenda. I want to thank all the staff who worked on this,” committee chair Scott Jibb said.

Cecilia Nasmith
Author: Cecilia Nasmith

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Update – Video – Northumberland OPP Continue to Investigate Suspicious Death in Municipality of Port Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crD5b-Z0EI Northumberland OPP continue to investigate the cause of death of a person who was located at a Municipality of

Read More...

Video – After Three Months Plaque Honouring Royal Visit in Cobourg Finally Removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4eRg1KIt4 Three months after Cobourg Council approved a notice of motion a plaque to remove a plaque commemorating the visit

Read More...

Peterborough Police – Peterborough Man Charged with Assault

A 56- year-old Peterborough man is facing a charge in connection with an incident last Wednesday. At approximately 11:00am on

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu