Period Promise Northumberland is excited to kick off its 4th annual Holiday Collection Campaign, running from December 4 to January 2, 2024.
Residents throughout Northumberland County are encouraged to take part by contributing menstrual hygiene products, making financial donations, or organizing their own Period Promise collection drive. The campaign aims to support individuals, families, and local non-profit organizations facing challenges in accessing these essential products.
Drop-off locations are conveniently situated across Northumberland County, including:
- Cobourg: Cobourg Public Library, The Squishy Goose, Nourish Boutique Spa, Nurturing Health Northumberland, Starbucks, United Way Northumberland
- Port Hope: Port Hope and District Chamber of Commerce
- Colborne: Lofty Butter Company
“A heartfelt thank you to all the local organizations participating as drop-off locations for our Holiday Collection Campaign,” says Maggie Darling, Acting Executive Director, United Way Northumberland. “Any donation, big or small, will make a huge difference to someone in need, especially during the holiday season.”
How can you get involved?
- Donate product at one of the drop-off locations
- Make a financial donation. You can donate online at www.mynuw.org
- Run a collection campaign. Contact Chelsea at email@example.com
- Are you a business owner? Sign our agreement and commit to offering products for free in your washrooms
- Continue the conversation around period poverty
Period Promise, a program of United Way Northumberland, aims to address the issue of period poverty in the community while advocating for social change. Since the programs launch in 2020, Period Promise Northumberland has distributed over 50,000 menstrual hygiene products to individuals, families, and non-profits locally.
To learn more about Period Promise Northumberland or to get involved, please visit https://mynuw.org/period-promise/.