(Today’s Northumberland – Peterborough Encampment File Photo)
One person was taken to hospital last week following a fire at a homeless encampment.
The fire took place on November 1, 2023 shortly after 10 a.m. when emergency services were notified.
City of Peterborough spokesperson Brendan Wedley said the tent fire was caused by a improper use of a heating appliance.
One person was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.
The individual was treated and released from hospital.