The Cobourg Police Service (CPS) bi-weekly update provides an overview of break and enters, theft from motor vehicles, mischief, and other crime trends in the Town of Cobourg over two
For more information, an operational report is provided to the Cobourg Police Services Board (CPSB) every month. The operational report offers a breakdown of calls for service, year to year comparable on crime trends, and highlights calls of interest. CPS operational reports can be found in the CPSB meeting minutes online through eScribe, the Town of Cobourg public meeting website.
Community members can access information about police activity in Cobourg through the crime mapping tool available at cobourgpoliceservice.com.
From October 23 to November 5, 2023, CPS responded to 673 calls for service.
• Break and enter: Seven (7) – Harden Street, Buchanan Street, King Street West, Hibernia Street, Danforth Road, Elgin Street West, Strathy Road
• Theft from vehicles: None this timeframe
• Distraction theft: None this timeframe
• Mischief: Six (6) – Boulton Street, King Street West (2), Daintry Crescent, Buchanan Street, Strathy Road
• Fraud: One (1) – Phone call posing as bank employee
• Property theft – Eight (8) – Henry Street, Ewing Street, John Street, Elgin Street East, Albert Street, Chapel Street, Ontario Street, King Street West
One warrant arrest was made for a warrant in the first.
Report non-emergency crimes such as theft, traffic complaints, damage to property, damage to vehicle and lost property online. Learn more or file a report at cobourgpoliceservice.com/online-reporting.