The Cobourg Police Service (CPS) bi-weekly update provides an overview of break and enters, theft from motor vehicles, mischief, and other crime trends in the Town of Cobourg over two
In addition to the bi-weekly update, an operational report is provided to the Cobourg Police Services Board (CPSB) every month. The operational report offers a breakdown of calls for service, year to year comparable on crime trends, and highlights calls of interest. CPS operational reports can be found in the CPSB meeting minutes online through eScribe, the Town of Cobourg public meeting website.
Community members can access information about police activity in Cobourg through the crime mapping tool available at cobourgpoliceservice.com.
From March 13 to March 26, 2023, CPS responded to 409 calls for service.
• Break and enter: One (1) – William Street and Elgin Street
• Theft from motor vehicle: Eight (8) – Ewing Street, Fisher Street, Chipping Park Blvd, Sinclair Street (2), Green Street, Perry Street, Mackechnie Crescent
• Distraction theft: One (1) – Suspects distracted store employee while other individuals took merchandise
• Mischief: three (3) Division Street, Northwood Drive, Burnham Street
• Fraud: three (3) Online fraud bank account compromised, Lottery scam, suspicious activity on bank cards
Cobourg Police Service offers free Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) audits to residents and business owners in the Town of Cobourg. If you are interested in booking an audit, please email email@example.com. For tips on how to protect your home, visit cobourgpoliceservice.com/home-safety-tips.
Report non-emergency crimes such as theft, traffic complaints, damage to property, damage to vehicle and lost property online. Learn more or file a report at cobourgpoliceservice.com/online-reporting.
If you are in an emergency or witness a crime in progress, please call 9-1-1 immediately.