The Cobourg Police Service (CPS) bi-weekly update provides an overview of break and enters, theft from motor vehicles, mischief, and other crime trends in the Town of Cobourg over two
In addition to the bi-weekly update, an operational report is provided to the Cobourg Police Services Board (CPSB) every month. The operational report offers a breakdown of calls for service, year to year comparable on crime trends, and highlights calls of interest. CPS operational reports can be found in the CPSB meeting minutes online through eScribe, the Town of Cobourg public meeting website.
Community members can access information about police activity in Cobourg through the crime mapping tool available at cobourgpoliceservice.com.
From January 16 to January 29, 2023, CPS responded to 431 calls for service.
• Break and enter: One (1) area of Station Street and George Street
• Theft from motor vehicle: One (1) Henry Street
• Distraction theft: Two (2) – Elgin Street West (2)
• Mischief: Two (2) Brook Road North, Division Street
• Eight (8) Fraud reports including: Impersonation, marketplace scam, stolen debit/credit card, online Bitcoin scam, and grandparent scam.
Report non-emergency crimes such as theft, traffic complaints, damage to property, damage to vehicle and lost property online. Learn more or file a report at cobourgpoliceservice.com/online-reporting.
If you are in an emergency or witness a crime in progress, please call 9-1-1 immediately.