On Thursday, December 15, 2022, at 1:40 p.m., police on general patrol in the area of Chapel Street and Division Street observed an individual known to be wanted on warrant with the Cobourg Police Service.
As a result of police investigation, the individual was arrested on the strength of two outstanding warrants.
During the arrest, police located a small quantity of fentanyl. The 34-year-old Cobourg woman was charged with the following offences:
1. Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance (Fentanyl), contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
2. Fail to Comply with Undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the Criminal Code
3. Three counts Fail to Comply with Probation, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
4. Fail to Attend Court- as per undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(b) of the Criminal Code
5. Fail to Attend for Fingerprints- as per undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(b) of the Criminal Code
The accused was released on an undertaking with a future court date.