On Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 12:00 p.m., police were called to a residence in the north end of Cobourg for a suspected domestic dispute.
As a result of the police investigation, a 36-year-old Cobourg man was arrested on the strength of a warrant in the first and charged with the following offences:
1. Harassing Communication – Contrary to Section 372(3) of the Criminal Code of Canada
2. Criminal Harassment – Contrary to Section 264(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
3. Two counts of Utter Threats – Contrary to Section 264.1(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
4. Three counts of Breach of Release Order – Contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
5. Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation – Contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
6. Breach of Recognizance – Contrary to Section 811 of the Criminal Code of Canada
The man was held for a bail hearing on Thursday, June 23, 2022.