Durham Police – Male Charged With Defrauding/Robbing Elderly Man

In Crime, Police Blotter


A 27-year-old Toronto male has been charged after an elderly male was robbed in Ajax last month. Police would like to be sure there are no other victims.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at approximately 2:10 p.m., an 86-year-old male was in his car in the parking lot of Casino Ajax when the man in the vehicle parked began to speak to him. The suspect told the victim that he was trying to sell gold in order to visit a sick relative in Dubai. The victim told the male he only had a hundred dollars on him. The suspect then entered the passenger seat of the victim’s car and insisted he drive to a bank machine for more money to buy the gold. Fearing for his safety, the victim complied. After receiving more money from the victim, the suspect fled in a waiting vehicle. The victim called police to report the incident.
Investigators were able to identify the suspect and he was arrested last week. Police are releasing his image in order to be sure there are no other victims. It is attached or can be viewed at www.drps.ca under Newsroom.

Police are still looking to identify the male driver of the getaway vehicle.
Constantin CONSTANTIN, age 27 of Toronto, has been charged with Robbery, Fraud Under $5,000 and Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000. He was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone with new information about this investigation is asked to contact Det. Hawkes of the West Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2528.
Anonymous information can be sent to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) and tipsters may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Victoria Park Canteen Fenced Off Ahead of Accessible Washroom Renovation Project

Fencing has been installed around the former canteen building in Victoria Park as preparations get underway for a long-planned

Read More...

Busy Day for Emergency Services in Northumberland County

Numerous incidents in the area today following high winds and rain. There were a few collisions on Highway 401 throughout

Read More...

Video – High Winds Send Powerful Waves Crashing Along Cobourg Waterfront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXj3OgEtTH4 Strong easterly winds whipped up Lake Ontario along Cobourg’s waterfront on Saturday (May 23, 2026), creating large waves that

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu