Hamilton Township Fire Department responded to a house fire on Cavan Road just south of Bewdley on Thursday at approximately 4 p.m. When crews arrived on scene the rear of the home was engulfed in flames. The owner was home at the time of the fire and when she saw a glow out the back door she quickly realized an atv was on fire and spreading to the house. After phoning 9-1-1 she escaped the blaze. Firefighters rescued her cat from the blaze. Port Hope Fire Department were also called to the scene. Firefighters are investigating the possibility of a charger hooked up to the atv possibly starting the fire. Hamilton Township Fire Chief Kelly Serson said the home received extensive damage. Firefighters were also concerned when they found a propane cylinder inside the home.