The Ministry of Long-Term Care has approved a new Voluntary Management Contract that allows The Ross Memorial Hospital to provide enhanced support to Caressant Care on McLaughlin Road, a long-term care home in Lindsay, Ontario.
This arrangement will help address the current spread of COVID-19 in the home, help stabilize the situation and return the home to normal operations.
“Protecting our long-term care residents is our top priority and we are doing everything we can to keep them safe,” said Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, Minister of Long-Term Care. “I thank the dedicated staff at The Ross Memorial Hospital and Caressant Care on McLaughlin Road for working together to stop the COVID-19 outbreak in this long-term care home.”
During these unprecedented times, the province is using every tool available to keep Ontarians safe. Management contracts are one example of the measures Ontario has taken on behalf of long-term care residents and staff. Ongoing measures include emergency funding, regulatory flexibility, staffing support, expanded testing, along with direction and guidance on outbreak management, and infection prevention and control.
The Ontario Government has recently added all relevant information about these management agreements to Ontario.ca. All voluntary management contracts and mandatory management orders approved since March 2020 in response to COVID-19 are listed.
The Ministry of Long-Term Care will continue to make decisions based on case-by-case assessments, and in partnership with the local hospitals, as to which long-term care homes may require additional interim hospital support.
- The Voluntary Management Contract will be in effect for 90 days. If necessary, these arrangements can be extended.
- To date, the Ministry of Long-Term Care has issued seven Mandatory Management Orders and approved 28 Voluntary Management Contracts between Ontario hospitals and long-term care homes.
- The province’s vaccine strategy prioritizes the most vulnerable populations first, including health care workers and residents of long-term care homes, who are at higher risk of contracting the virus.
- Voluntary management contracts and mandatory management orders
- Ontario Administers over Half a Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines
- 2020 Ontario Budget/Ontario’s Action Plan: Protect, Support, Recover
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
Learn about the government services available to you and how government works. Learn more
Health and Wellness
Get help navigating Ontario’s health care system and connecting with the programs or services you’re looking for. Learn more