An investigation led by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Peterborough/Northumberland Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) resulted in a suspect being arrested and charged on February 19, 2021 with offences related to the trafficking of drugs in the Peterborough area. Warrants were executed at two residences in Peterborough, Ontario with assistance from the Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement Squad (ROPE) and Peterborough County OPP uniform members. Officers seized cash, cocaine, fentanyl, methamphetamine, cell phones and drug paraphernalia during the investigation.
Ian Morris (age 31) of Peterborough, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
• Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-cocaine
• Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-opioid
• Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-methamphetamine
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
• Failure to comply with release order
The accused appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on February 20, 2021.
This investigation is ongoing and further charges are pending.
To serve our province by protecting its citizens, upholding the law and preserving public safety.
Peterborough County OPP values your contribution to building safe communities. If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please visit Crime Stoppers at: www.stopcrimehere.ca or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).