The Cobourg Police Service has executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Search Warrant as part of an ongoing enhanced enforcement strategy targeting illegal drug activity affecting our community and the safety of our citizens.
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, as part of an ongoing joint drug enforcement investigation, members of the Cobourg Police Service and Port Hope Criminal Investigations Branch, Uniform Patrol and Forensic Identification Services executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Search Warrant at 351 John Street, in Cobourg.
As a result of this investigation and search, police seized 22.8 grams of Cocaine, 11 grams of Fentanyl, $1,290 in cash, a .22 calibre rifle and a replica handgun. The estimated street value of the seized drugs is $6,700.
Terry Ryan BEATON , a 35 year old resident of Cobourg, is charged with:
1. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine – contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
2. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Fentanyl – contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
3. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under – contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
4. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm – contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
5. Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtain by crime – contrary to section 96(a) of the Criminal Code
6. Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order – contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
7. Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition – contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
The accused was held for bail a hearing later today.