Today’s Northumberland has confirmed that two employees have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Cobourg Walmart on Strathy Road.
“Two associates from our Cobourg Walmart store (73 Strathy Rd.) have recently tested positive for COVID-19,” said Manager of Corporate Affairs Felicia Fefer.
“We’re keeping the associates in our thoughts and wish them a speedy recovery. Out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close prolonged contact have been directed to self-isolate.”
Fefer said Walmart is in contact with the local health unit.
The associates last worked December 26 and December 27, respectively.
Fefer said safety continues to be a top priority at Walmart. Rest assured, we will continue to take measures to support the well-being of our customers and associates, including:
· Increased cleaning throughout the store.
· Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
· Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
· Cleaning shopping carts.
· Encouraging regular handwashing.
· Regular cleaning of work areas (including checkouts).
· Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
· Introduced floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
· Mandatory masks for customers and associates
“If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, we take a number of actions including informing local public health authorities. We respond transparently to requests received about the number of recent confirmed cases in stores, distribution centres or offices from customers or media.”