Wooden Flower Pot Catches Fire At Cobourg Marina

In Local

Cobourg Fire Department attended the Cobourg Marina after a wooden flower pot caught fire on the centre pier on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.

Marina staff called the fire department at approximately 1:44 p.m. after discovering the fire that appeared to have been burning for several hours.

Marina staff extinguished the fire before fire crews arrived.

Cause is believed to have been a discarded cigarette which caused the peat moss to smolder and catch the wood on fire.

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

You may also read!

Former Captain with Port Hope Air Cadet Squadron Sentenced to 20-Months In Jail for Sexual Exploitation

A former Captain with the Port Hope Air Cadet Squadron was sentenced to 20-months in jail after pleading guilty

Read More...

Northumberland OPP – Several Off-Road Vehicle Charges Laid

On Friday October 16 and Saturday October 17, 2020, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Central Region SAVE

Read More...

New Chief Building Official for Cramahe Township

Cramahe Township council is pleased to welcome Barbara Waldron as Chief Building Official effective November 9, 2020. She will

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

Terms | Privacy |