Town of Cobourg Parks Department staff were out on Thursday, April 9, 2020 putting up signs at the entrances to parks in the town.
Large signs were installed at the entrances to the town’s main park letting people know what people can and can’t do during these times of COVID-19.
As of April 9, 2020 people are allowed to:
· go for a walk, run or bike ride through a park, path or boardwalk
· go for a scenic drive or bike ride
· walk your dog with members of your household
· have a safe open-air fire in your backyard firepit.
Things you cannot do which could result in a fine are:
· play on any play structures, swings, slides or any park equipment
· gather in groups of more than five people
· use the skateboard park, dog park, tennis courts or sports fields
· use a park, field or beach for any sports, play or recreation activities
· have individual or group activities such as picnics, games or play
· leave home if you are self-isolating or displaying symptoms
Members of Cobourg Police, including uniformed officers, special constables, auxiliary officers and by-law officers are regularly patrolling areas for compliance.
The gate to the Victoria Park Campground was also closed on Thursday, April 9, 2020. Previously vehicles were allowed to drive in to the facility since the campground is closed until further notice.