The lone occupant escaped uninjured after a fire consumed his home in Alnwick/Haldimand Township on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Firefighters were dispatched to the cottage style home on Dunnette Landing near Rosneath at approximately 2:46 a.m.
Dispatch reported the home was engulfed in flames.
When crews arrived on scene the lone occupant of the home had escaped the fire unharmed but the house was a total loss.
There were numerous propane cylinders around the home.
Alnwick/Haldimand Fire Chief Mark Diminie said the exact cause isn’t known, but it’s believed it started in the kitchen area.
Damage is estamted at $80,000.