Cobourg resident arrested in ongoing fraud investigation.
On Sunday, March 26, 2023, while responding to an unrelated call for service in the area of Sutherland Crescent and Ontario Street, police observed a person of interest in an ongoing cheque fraud
As a result of police investigation, a 40-year-old Cobourg woman was arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Fraud contrary to Section 380(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
2. False Pretense contrary to Section 362(1) CCC
3. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to Section 354(1)(a) CCC
4. Possession of Schedule 1 Substance Methamphetamine, contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
5. Five counts of Fail to Comply with Undertaking contrary to Section 145(4)(a) CCC
6. Fail to Comply with Probation contrary to Section 733.1(1) CCC
The accused was held for a show cause hearing and remanded into custody.