Cobourg man wanted on a warrant found in possession of drugs and a knife upon being arrested by police.
On Saturday, October 29, 2022, at 9:30 p.m., police on patrol observed an individual walking on Division Street in the Town of Cobourg who was known to be wanted on an outstanding warrant by Cobourg Police Service.
As a result of the police investigation, Cole LeBarge (31) of Cobourg was arrested on the strength of the warrant. During the arrest, police located a knife, illegal drugs with an estimated street value of over $28,000, and over $1,000 in Canadian currency in the man’s possession. The man was charged with the following offences:
1) Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance (Cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
2) Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance (Fentanyl) for the Purpose of Trafficking, Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances
3) Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000 – contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
4) Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code
5) Possession of a prohibited device, or ammunition, contrary to section 92(2) of the Criminal Code
6) Possession of weapon or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
LeBarge was held for a bail hearing.