Cobourg Council – Cobourg Gives Notice to Cancel Shared-Services Contract

In City Hall

By Cecilia Nasmith/Today’s Northumberland
Though the KPMG Service Delivery Review was just presented to Cobourg council last month, they have already accepted one of its recommendations – passing a motion Monday to have Chief Administrative Officer Tracey Vaughan give the required one year’s notice that will cancel the shared-services agreement with the county for the services of a manufacturing-attraction specialist.

The town’s portion of that contract is $45,000 each year. And though they will be required to pay it for 2021, that amount will be saved thereafter.

The Service Delivery Review rationale is the lack of meaningful outcomes that have benefited the town.

Councillor Adam Bureau said he supported the motion but hoped there is a plan to replace the current agreement.

“We will have a plan,” Vaughan reassured him.

She listed a number of things coming up in 2020, such as a possible economic-development strategic plan, and she would like to see those funds utilized in a way that is meaningful for the town.
“I agree I would not want to see that activity and that work disappear,” Vaughan said.

“I would like to see it more focused and more concentrated on the town.”

Pete Fisher
Author: Pete Fisher

Has been a photojournalist for over 30-years and have been honoured to win numerous awards for photography and writing over the years. Best selling author for the book Highway of Heroes - True Patriot Love

Join Our Newsletter!

Want to keep up to date on news and events in Northumberland? Subscribe to newsletter!

You may also read!

Update – Video – Northumberland OPP Continue to Investigate Suspicious Death in Municipality of Port Hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crD5b-Z0EI Northumberland OPP continue to investigate the cause of death of a person who was located at a Municipality of

Read More...

Video – After Three Months Plaque Honouring Royal Visit in Cobourg Finally Removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4eRg1KIt4 Three months after Cobourg Council approved a notice of motion a plaque to remove a plaque commemorating the visit

Read More...

Peterborough Police – Peterborough Man Charged with Assault

A 56- year-old Peterborough man is facing a charge in connection with an incident last Wednesday. At approximately 11:00am on

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu