As part of an ongoing enhanced enforcement strategy targeting illegal drug activity affecting our community and the safety of our citizens, members of the Cobourg Police Service conducted two drug arrests.
On Wednesday August 5, 2020, the Cobourg Police Criminal Investigations Bureau executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Search Warrant on John Street in the Town of Cobourg where two females were arrested.
Kayla GIBSON, 24 years old of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Offences;
– Three counts of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
– One count of Possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of Trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
– One count of Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
Karleigh HORSLEY, 22 years old of Cobourg was arrested and charged with following Criminal Offence;
– Two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
– One count of Assault with intent to resist arrest contrary to section 270(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
– One count of Failure to Comply with undertaking contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the Criminal Code
Cobourg Police Seized a quantity of Methamphetamine, Crack Cocaine, Psilocybin Mushrooms, and Tylenol 3 with codeine. Potential street value of drugs is $800 dollars. Cobourg Police also seized $1,225 dollars in cash, a weigh scale, and a cell phone as offence related property.