On August 6th 2020, members of the Northumberland / Peterborough Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), with the assistance of City of Kawartha Lakes CSCU, Bracebridge CSCU, Orillia CSCU, Nottawasaga CSCU, Central Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), Central Region Emergency response teams (ERT), and Canine), executed two Cannabis Act Search Warrants at two adjoining rural properties in Cramahe Township.
As a result of the Cannabis Act Search Warrants the following items were seized:
· 3,444 Cannabis Marihuana plants
· 41 lbs of processed Marihuana
· 31 lbs of Cannabis Resin
· 1 Kubota 40hp farm tractor
· 1 Samsung cellular device
Total street value of the seized drugs is worth approximately $3,900 000.
Ronald FORGET (age 51), Faith FORGET (age 54) of Cramahe Township and Ken Hung YAP (Age 55) of Scarborough, Ontario were arrested and each charged with:
· Possession of Illicit Cannabis
· Possession for the Purpose of Distribution
· Cultivate more than 4 Cannabis Plants
· Cultivate Place other than Residence
The three accused parties were released and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg on October 14, 2020