On Saturday May 16th 2020 Police were dispatched to an erratic driver in the north west area of the Town of Cobourg.
While on route to the call the driver rear-ended another motor vehicle at the intersection of William St. and University Ave. W.
The accused, Colby MCMILLAN an 18 year-old-male from the Town of Cobourg was arrested for impaired by drug and through investigation the accused was charged with the following offences:
1. Operation While Impaired by Drug – Contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
2. Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle – Contrary to Section 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
3. Novice Driver – Presence of Drug – Contrary to Section 44.2(4) of the Highway Traffic Act
4. Person Under 19 Years Possess Cannabis – Contrary to Section 10(1)
5. Drive Vehicle with Cannabis in Open Baggage Readily Available – Contrary to Section 12(1) of the Cannabis Act 2017
The accused was released from custody with a future court date.