Weekly Media Release
From Monday, June 4th 2018 through June 11th, 2018 the Cobourg police Service responded to 207 Occurrence’s including; 5- 911 calls, 14 Alarm Calls, 3 Animals Complaint calls, 3 Assault calls, 1 Attempt threat/suicide call, 3 Break and enter calls, 3 Bail violations calls, 27 Community services events calls, 1 Court order call, 4 Dangerous conditions calls, 2 Disturb the peace calls, 4 Domestic dispute calls, 2 Drug offences calls, 2 Family dispute calls, 4 Fraud calls, 4 harassment calls, 3 Impaired driver calls, 1 Insecure premise call, 3 Landlord tenant problem calls, 2 Liquor license act calls, 5 Mental health calls, 6 Mischief calls, 2 Missing persons calls, 2 Abandoned motor vehicle calls, 8 Motor vehicle collision calls, 2 Noise complaint calls, 1 Non-police matter call, 3 Person wellbeing calls, 20 Police assistance calls, 13 Police information calls, 6 Property related calls, 1 Sexual assault call, 1 Sudden death call, 14 Suspicious persons calls, 5 theft calls, 3 Threats calls, 8 Traffic complaint calls, 2 Trouble with youth calls, 5 Unwanted persons calls, 3 warrants calls, and 1 Weapons call. Here are some examples of calls for service this week.
4 June, 2018
– Police attended a Cobourg residence for a report of a domestic dispute. Police determined the dispute to be verbal only. No allegations of any threats or assaults.
– Police responded to local building for a report of mischief. Police discovered paint smeared over a mural. Scenes of Crimes Officer assisted in the ongoing investigation.
– Police conducted an investigation involving allegations of Domestic assault. Through investigation, Police subsequently arrested and charged an adult with assault, who was held for a bail hearing.
5 June 2018
– Police investigated a report of an individual allegedly breaching their conditions of release. Through investigation, police subsequently arrested and charged an adult with failing to comply with recognizance and was held for a bail hearing.
– A complainant contacted the Cobourg Police Service in regards to a suicidal male. Police located the male in the east part of town. Through Police investigation, it was determined that there was no immediate safety concern for the male. The Mental Health Response Unit attended and provided assistance to the male.
– Police investigated a Motor vehicle collision located in the North East area of the town. No injuries were reported to Police.
6 June 2018
– Police responded to a residence for a report of a domestic disturbance. Through Police investigation, an adult was arrested and charged with domestic assault, and held for a bail hearing.
– Police received a report of a theft of power tools and electronics from a local business. The suspect was observed on Security footage. The investigation is ongoing in attempts to identify the suspect.
– Police responded to a local business for a report of sexual assault. The investigation is ongoing in attempts to identify the suspect.
7 June 2018
– Police responded to a residence for a suspicious person. It was reported that an unknown individual was surreptitiously walking in between homes with a flashlight. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the individual.
– Police attended the downtown area for a report a female wandering around and knocking on residential doors. Police attended and searched the area but were unable to locate any persons requiring assistance.
– Police responded to a local park for a report of individuals consuming alcohol. Police attended the area and located the group of perpetrators in contravention of the Liquor License Act, and were served with provincial offence notices.
8 June 2018
– Police responded to a local retirement home for a report of an assault. It was determined that two individuals were involved in a physical altercation. No threats or injuries reported.
– Police attended a residence for a report of an unknown person knocking and demanding to be let inside. Police attended and searched the area but were unable to locate the individual.
– An individual attended the Cobourg police Station to speak with Officers regarding ongoing unwanted communication from another individual. It was determined that were no allegations of any threats. Police provided advice in the matter
9 June 2018
– Police attended a residence for a report of a sudden death. Emergency personnel were dispatched to attend. The individual was subsequently pronounced as deceased by the attending coroner.
– Police were dispatched to the east part of town for a report of an impaired driver operating a motorcycle. The individual was seen leaving a local bar appearing to be intoxicated and was last seen travelling east. Police searched the area but were unable to locate the individual.
– Police responded to the North East part of town regarding a traffic complaint. It was reported that a light colored vehicle was observed driving erratically. Police searched the area and located the driver who was cautioned for their driving.
10 June 2018
– Police attended a local business for a report of shoplifter. Police identified the individual involved to be a young person, who was subsequently released to the custody of their parent.
– Police responded to a report of a two motor vehicle collision. Police and emergency personnel arrived on scene where one person was transported to hospital.
– Police attended a parking lot near the downtown core for a report of an individual pulling on door handles to a building. Police located and investigated two individuals in a vehicle. It was determined that no suspicious activity had occurred.